iOS 10.3 : A major Update for App Owners and Developers
4 Jun 2017
Apple File System (APFS) can be updated to device’ file system (HFS+) by IOS 10.3. This will help save 1-7 GB of storage space. iCloud section displays the settings for icloud backup, keychain and Find My iPhone App etc. It recommends backing up of existing data before updates.
With its compatibility with varied devices like – iPad mini 2 and higher, iPhone 5S and , iPand higher, iPod pro range and iPod 6 and above, IOS 10.3 presents gamut of functionality and has been a most awaited release for iphone users.
Free Wi-Fi Calling
IOS 10.3 now allows free wi-fi calling through connected devices like Apple Watches, Mackbooks, iMacs and iPads etc., without direct routing.
Dynamic App Icon
IOS App Developers make seasoned updates with help of suggestions from users but they cannot respond to reviews. IOS users can share their feedback by clicking “helpful” or “not helpful”.
New Menu Settings
Now, users can get all information about their Apple id with details of all connected devices on menu itself. This device also shows all devices connected to iTunes, iCloud, App Store and Family Sharing.
IOS App Development has come up with some delightful features like animation at opening and closing of apps.
Shortcuts via Carplay
Users get to know their most recently used apps and play it quickly via shortcuts.
Auto Unlock and Notifications
Phone wakes up as soon as holds it. Notifications remain on home screen.
Listen Music Without AirPods
In case you lose your AirPod and do not wish to spend £65/$69/AU$99 to buy a new one, ‘Find my iphone app’ with its latest feature – ‘Find my Air Pod’ can save you. Especially designed to keep track of Apple’s Wireless Ear Buds and you can still play music.
IOS 10 notifies its users for a possible damage due to water and provides instructions to avoid it.
De-cluttered Home Screen
Menus are divided into several panels, when swiped up from the bottom. Features like stopwatch, flashlight, calculator, and camera are provided as shortcuts at bottom of screen. IOS app developers have shifted an IOS 9.3 feature, ‘Night Shift’, above this quartet.
Personal Assistant Support
- Instruction given to Siri in simple language, can help ease the communication and also save lot of time. iPhone App Development has shared this feature with third party IOS App development companies. It gives results that are more accurate the very first time instructions are given.
- Another interesting feature where Siri is used, with IOS 10.3 is that it can update users with live cricket scores and statistics from ICC and IPL.
- Siri can now access various apps and used for paying bills, checking payment status, and scheduling future cab rides.
Automated Photo Albums
IOS 10 helps put static pictures together and form a creative photo album. Also, it creates mini movies with pictures and videos
Apple Maps App
- Although Apple Maps cannot compete with Google Maps still IOS 10 fix, many of its drawbacks like inability to move ahead on the route. It used to springs the user back to the start point, whenever he tries to walk ahead on the route.
- Now a 3D touch feature in Apple Maps can take quick actions. Weather forecast for current location is displayed, by pushing down weather icon on Maps app.
- Breaking news notifications are displayed, on home screen even when they are locked.
- Storekit API can notify users, when developers or app owners share their reviews or reply to any comment.
Now users can enjoy ‘imessages’ in the same way as they used to do via Facebook, as they can be illustrated with graphics and emoticons. Editing a single document by multiple users has become easy with IOS 10.3. Music streaming has become easy. Room temperature, fan, window blinds, lights everything is managed via home-kit app. Home screen is un-locked by swiping it right. All these and more features, released with final update of release 10 has eased various tasks of iphone developers and users. Apple users await the support for 32 Bit Apps.
- Android (40)
- App developement (8)
- App Marketing (4)
- Artificial Intelligence (1)
- Augmented Reality (1)
- Blackberry (1)
- Chatbot Developement (1)
- Cross Platform App Development (4)
- eCommerce (3)
- Enterprise app (5)
- Helpful Resources (2)
- iOS (40)
- IoT (2)
- ipad (7)
- ipad App Developement (2)
- Magento (2)
- Mobile (1)
- Mobile & Web app (29)
- mobile & web game (1)
- Mobile app (20)
- Mobile App Design (1)
- Mobile app developement (40)
- mobile app Testing (1)
- Mobile Game (8)
- Node.js Development (1)
- On Demand App Development (1)
- php (2)
- Social Media (2)
- swift app developement (1)
- Technology (10)
- Virtual Reality (1)
- Wearable devices (1)
- Web Development (4)
- Windows (6)
Sign Up With Your Email Address To Receive Updates.
Pratik Gothaliya is the Founder and CTO of Quest Infosense, A web & Mobile app development company. Pratik has accomplished over 9 years of experience in the software industry. Being an integral part of the company he assures uncluttered functionality for service or products development to clients. he promptly stands with unparalleled accomplishment for his clients and people.