5 Tips To Avoid App Rejections On Apple Store
Intend to build an app for iOS? Well, it is damn easy these days as there are loads of tutorials over the internet teaching how to engage in the process. All this has led to many individuals trying their hand in developing apps. Further, these individuals also expect that their apps will generate revenue for them gradually. Surprising, isn’t it?
So Google does provide some respite for app developers on its Play Store as it reviews the apps post they are published. However, Apple holds the leash firm and adopts a no tolerance policy. The policy aims to protect end users by rejecting badly developed apps which are full of unfriendly info and bugs from the user perspective. However, does Apple succeed? Well, though this is largely debatable, treading carefully will lead to your apps being selected by Apple.
So are you one who has downloaded a horrible app? If yes, raise both your hands. Jokes apart, apps are rejected as some external platform’s name crops up in an article or video or some of the content present is not targeting a large audience. Well, these are couple of examples from a huge list; however, our intent here is to avoid rejections, rather than listing examples why the app is rejected. So here goes…..
Apple usually takes a long time for reviewing your apps along with the strict policy it adheres to. So protecting yourself and ensuring everything is rightly done is important.
1. Advance planning and work: This not only ensures that you meet deadlines, but opening a developer account on Apple usually takes 24 hours for personal accounts and more if it is a company account. Further, the review period for your app by the organic team at Apple responds within a time frame ranging between 7 and 20 days. However, recently, Apple has reduced this wait time to maximum 7 days.
So if you intend to meet deadlines, ensure that you are prepared and do not need to wait till the last minute for publishing the app.
2. Reading guidelines for review on App Store: This is important. Though this might not amuse or lighten you up, reading it is necessary to avoid rejections. So swallow this bitter pill if you intend to survive the app review test. These guidelines will inform you that use of trademarks or logos from Apple or from any other third party is forbidden. You need authorization if these aspects are a must have in the app. So take some time out and read the guidelines thoroughly.
3. Minute detailing and care for design: Along with the content, user experience and design play a huge role. Taking help from colleagues or friends to test the app can put light on aspects that any user may think of. Ask them to browse your app and check how it works. This will aid in finding aspects that can make your app spontaneous or might need alterations.
4. Bug hunting: This is part of the detailing process. Shun any bug found in the app when others review it. Bugs are the biggest hindrance in acceptability of your app by Apple.
5. Correct Meta or your are gone mate: Ensure that all the images, tags, app name, and descriptions are correct and you are transparent and clear. Avoid unnecessary screen shots. Wrong meta data is harmful and is a sure shot recipe for rejection.
On a final note
While presenting your app, you will be asked whether your app is using content from third parties; this is also inclusive of links to some website. If you do, then it is advisable that you answer in the affirmative. The point here is to be HONEST. Further, complete all the mandatory steps before submission to ensure that no stone is left unturned and you app does not get rejected.
If all these steps are followed accurately, the chances of the app being rejected will become bleak.
Pratik Gothaliya is the Founder and CTO of Quest Infosense, A web & Mobile app development company. Pratik has accomplished over 9 years of experience in the software industry. Being an integral part of the company he assures uncluttered functionality for service or products development to clients. he promptly stands with unparalleled accomplishment for his clients and people.
Sign Up With Your Email Address To Receive Updates.
Top 15 On-Demand Mobile App Ideas for Startup that will Bring the World
6 May 2022
We are all born with the ability to think, innovate, and grow. Developing a new business mobile app entails taking your ideas and putting them into action. It is not easy to come up with an original app development concept. To put it another way,Read More
Why Businesses Must Go for Logistics Management Software to Uplift their Productivity?
22 Mar 2022
It's no longer a secret that logistics is a critical component of practically every company nowadays. It's even clearer that modern software makes life easier by automating routine chores and streamlining daily company procedures. Custom logisticsRead More
Field Service Management App Development : Off-the-Shelf v/s Custom Solutions
17 Feb 2022
You'll require essential capabilities like work order management, scheduling, and dispatching to stay successful in Field Service Management (FSM). Because many of your problems will be traced back to inefficiencies in these key competencies, whetherRead More