How to create your first Business Mobile App with these Eight Steps
Have you decided to create first mobile app for your business? Congrats! Mobile marketing has become more competitive. Yet, it comes with an edge over other forms of internet marketing.
The market for mobile apps has grown leaps and bounds in the past few years. In a fast-paced world, driven by internet and technology, mobile marketing claims a fair share in business promotion. Apps easily reach your target. It directly hits the target customers. So, your business needs a mobile app!
What is the next step?
Creating an app is not a simple task as it appears. It needs clarity, direction, and smart execution. Development of mobile app for your business eats your time and money. So you have no choice other than getting it right in the first attempt. iOs and Android Mobile app for your business is like a raw material. It takes efforts to transform raw into reality.
Before you move on to put on your money and time, take a look at these eight steps to create your business’s first mobile app.
1. It’s a Competitive World
The world of mobile apps is competitive. It is no joke that you can easily secure a seat on the customer’s phone. Here are the few key points that you want to know about mobile app usage.
- Smartphone users spend 86 % time spent on a Smartphone in apps.
- Users spend more than 2 hours in apps.
- Every day, on an average note, a Smartphone use 9 apps.
- 2017 ends on a solid note with 2.2 million iOS apps and 3 million Android apps (imagine how your business app gets a spot in the phone).
- A Smartphone user downloads 30 apps a month on an average basis.
It sounds alarming as well promising.
2. Why your Business need Mobile App
If you are unsure, why your business needs a mobile app, check out these numbers. You can make a substantial decision.
- Mobile presence is one of the platforms to grow business, agreed by 70 % mobile users.
- 84 % small business owners reaped the benefits of launching the mobile app. The mobile app provided positive results in business growth.
- Apps are easy way to communicate and share information. 75% mobile showed interest in receiving coupon codes, offers and notifications via apps.
- Mobile apps serve as decision maker. 50 % mobile users make their purchase decision via apps.
3. Choose an App Development Company like Quest Infosense
This is a crucial step. Unless you are a developer, you cannot design the mobile app for your business. Choose the mobile app developers or developing companies to help you out. Ask the app development company the following queries.
These are basic questions that give you a brief understanding of skills, knowledge and experience of the company.
- Types of customers they worked with
- Samples, demos, portfolios, and testimonials
- Check whether they worked on an app similar to your business
- The product management process they use
- List of their highly successful projects – An experienced and reputed company put forth the list before you inquire.
- Time and cost of app development
The above given are the basic queries. You may need to discuss in detail about technical aspects. To name a few, Platforms compatible with the app, technology used to develop the app, language of app, post service, upgrade service support, backup support, etc. Professionals in the industry shall provide you with positive answers to all the queries.
4. Evaluate your App Idea to find your Goals and Objectives
Before you engage the app developer, evaluate the idea. About 70 % of users stop using an app in 3 days; 90 % of users stop using an app in a month. It makes no sense in developing an app that is used merely for 3 days. So, consider these two important facts that help your business grow in the marketplace.
Evaluation of the app gives a clear focus on the following;
- Your competitors
- How your competitors work and solve the issues
- Your target customers – include gender, age, demographics etc
- How unique you are – standout from similar brands from the market
- How do you plan to publicize your new app among the target audience
- Your approach to solving problems
- Estimated time to reap profits from app
Basically, developing an app involves multiple brainstorming sessions make it successful.
5. Secure your idea
Data theft is common these days. If you wish you secure your business app, create background documents to support your ownership. You must create a non-disclosure agreement with your app developer. It secures your app idea from being shared by your developer. On an open marketplace, to secure your app from duplicating, apply for copyright, patent and trademark.
6. The Process, Development and Test
After completion of the analysis to evaluation, the actual process begins. From design to deployment, it involves multiple steps. Functional, professional and catchy design to work seamlessly on different online platforms; after coding, development, and module integration the app is tested under two parameters – design testing and functions testing.
Bugs may arise during the testing process. After fixing the bug, the app is put to final testing for functionality, usability, navigation, operations and adaptability in various platforms. Final testing is done in two ways, manual and automated.
After testing, fixing and removing bugs, the app is ready for deployment.
7. Adding your Business App to App Store
Once the app is ready, this becomes a simple process. Create a user ID with the app and a profile. Add your app to Google PlayStore and Apple iTunes connect. Follow the procedures and formalities as required by the app store. Before Upload your app also checks some tips to launch your mobile app successful and publish it.
8. Optimizing your Business App
Optimizing your business app is essential to let your business discovered. Mobile users discover 63% apps through searches. Optimization involves similar steps as evaluation of the app based on your target customer.
- Choose the right keywords
- Write compelling description
- Add screenshots, short videos and faqs
- Localize in the listings
- Stay connected with the customers
- Frequently update your app
- Contact and support information
Create a landing page to promote your app. Create social media accounts to publicize your app. Give frequent updates from development to official launch. Once you have a clear vision about the purpose, functionality of the business app, within your budget and a timeline you expected, you can easily manage.
- Android (40)
- App developement (8)
- App Marketing (4)
- Artificial Intelligence (1)
- Augmented Reality (1)
- Blackberry (1)
- Chatbot Developement (1)
- Cross Platform App Development (4)
- eCommerce (4)
- Enterprise app (5)
- Helpful Resources (2)
- iOS (40)
- IoT (2)
- ipad (7)
- ipad App Developement (2)
- Magento (2)
- Mobile (1)
- Mobile & Web app (28)
- mobile & web game (1)
- Mobile app (20)
- Mobile App Design (1)
- Mobile app developement (40)
- mobile app Testing (1)
- Mobile Game (8)
- Node.js Development (1)
- On Demand App Development (1)
- php (2)
- Social Media (2)
- swift app developement (1)
- Technology (10)
- Virtual Reality (1)
- Wearable devices (1)
- Web Development (5)
- Windows (6)
Sign Up With Your Email Address To Receive Updates.
Pratik Gothaliya is the Founder and CTO of Quest Infosense, A web & Mobile app development company. Pratik has accomplished over 9 years of experience in the software industry. Being an integral part of the company he assures uncluttered functionality for service or products development to clients. he promptly stands with unparalleled accomplishment for his clients and people.
Why Choose PHP Framework for your E-Commerce Website & Mobile App Development
Presently, one out of three graduates has been going forward to becoming successful entrepreneurs. There can be a mad race seen amongst people for the various online business like E-commerce. These businesses have gained popularity for fulfilling theRead More
Develop Asset Management Software to make your Business administration more efficient
A few years ago from now, asset management was something that was considered important only at the times of audit when detailed reports had to be made. But the times have completely changed now and the business owners have realized that its crucial tRead More